Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Amazon

On 14 Jun 2014 at 6:33am Muggins wrote:
Amazon have taken £79 from my card for something called amazon prime. Never heard of it, don't want it, never asked for it. What a great wheeze ? £79 x millions.
On 14 Jun 2014 at 8:15am Savetheplanet wrote:
It`s to help save the Amazonian rain forest . Richard Branston had a similar idea for his Well Known \brand but decided to let nature take it`s course and sell prophylactics instead

On 14 Jun 2014 at 10:18am Troll wrote:
You signed up for it you muppet!

Check it out here »

On 14 Jun 2014 at 11:09am trooper wrote:
Ref Muggins. I rather think that you did not read the conditions on your Amazon purchases, they are allways pushing their "Prime" system, and you have to agree to the terms and conditions. You have to be very careful that when you purchase you do NOT signup to this system,read the terms and conditions before authorising payment. We must all be careful about on line purchase, good that it is there are pitfalls, so be careful.
On 14 Jun 2014 at 12:55pm Metatron wrote:
No doubt they will be paying corporation tax on your £79.......
NOT!
On 14 Jun 2014 at 12:59pm Xplorer1 wrote:
Prime was quite a good deal at £50 if you shopped regularly, as you got free delivery on most items. But then they added movie (or music?) downloads as part of it and upped the price to £79. Bye bye Prime.
On 14 Jun 2014 at 5:11pm Smoke Dog wrote:
I stupidly signed up for the Amazon Prime 'Free 30 day trial' without reading the small print. Totally forgot about it as I do not visit the site regularly until I got stung with the £79...no email to say I had subscribed or that they were taking the money from my account. I called this morning and the lady had no hesitation in cancelling my 'subscription' and refunding my dollar.

On 14 Jun 2014 at 6:39pm fifi wrote:
I signed up to Amazon Prime by mistake - I was placing an order and obviously pressed the wrong button . It showed up on my bank statement but when I rang Amazon they refunded the amount with no hesitation .

On 19 Jun 2014 at 3:08pm Dickie wrote:
I have been using Prime for a few years now as I use Amazon quite a bit. When the price went up to £79, I kept it going as I also use the new TV Shows and Film streaming service.
I also have Netflix as well, but both services have different shows etc.
Your call whether to keep it or not, but I consume quite a bit of streaming media and shop a lot on Amazon, so it's a no-brainer.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes at night 57:132
Lewes at night

What is it with some people?
With their kid's education at stake, this numpty thinks it's a good idea to ask complete strangers... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine