Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Allotment anyone?

On 11 Jun 2014 at 4:32pm Luke wrote:
Does anyone want to donate a piece of their allotment to me? I just joined the depressingly long waiting list.
If anyone has too much to handle or wants to share give me a shout.
Luke

On 11 Jun 2014 at 4:45pm lottie wrote:
we waited 5 years and got half a plot

On 11 Jun 2014 at 5:02pm Rods Tiger wrote:
I thought that Ringmer Parish Council had some spare plots at the allotments by the sub station between Lewes and Ringmer. They still might so it's probably worth asking.
On 11 Jun 2014 at 5:02pm Rods Tiger wrote:
I thought that Ringmer Parish Council had some spare plots at the allotments by the sub station between Lewes and Ringmer. They still might so it's probably worth asking.
On 11 Jun 2014 at 5:21pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
I know it's not the same as an allotment but the Landshare thing is really good. People offer space for growing things in their garden, for other people to use. I've used it three years running. You look up Lewes on the national website and see what's available. Not like an allotment but a substitute while you're on the waiting list. The link thing doesn't work for some reason. Anyway it's www.landshare.net
On 11 Jun 2014 at 5:25pm Landport lout wrote:
There's a very short waiting list at Earwig corner
On 11 Jun 2014 at 7:06pm Bongo wrote:
It might help if people with no gardens had priority on these waiting lists.
On 11 Jun 2014 at 7:11pm allotmenter wrote:
Infact, there's no waiting list at Earwig corner and there may be one or two half plots available
On 11 Jun 2014 at 8:39pm carrot cruncher wrote:
Bongo wrote:It might help if people with no gardens had priority on these waiting lists. why? some gardens are not suitable. what if the garden someone has is paved. what make a gardenless person more deserving?

On 11 Jun 2014 at 9:05pm Deelite 2 wrote:
There's a plot in Barcombe/Hamsey for offer. A good size and possibility for chickens too.... seems great.

www.landshare.net/listings/23059/
On 11 Jun 2014 at 10:01pm Bongo wrote:
carrot cruncher, even if a garden is unsuitable, or paved over, it is still a place to grow a plethora of flowers and vegetables in containers. Pretty hard to do, if you live in a flat with no garden at all.
On 12 Jun 2014 at 6:48am carrot cruncher wrote:
Bongo, get a window box or move. seems that everybody these days think they are more deserving for one thing or another, and theses are normally the same people screaming for equality. unless it is a medical emergency ,NOBODY should have priority for any thing. get in the line and take your turn
On 12 Jun 2014 at 1:52pm Tortoise in the woodpile wrote:
please remember we , and hedgehogs may be hiding

On 12 Jun 2014 at 2:23pm belladonna wrote:
Definitely try Earwig corner. We waited 3 months for ours. As opposed to 10 years at the Paddock. It's NOT council run.

email diana.hope@freeuk.com

On 12 Jun 2014 at 2:39pm Old Cynic wrote:
There are allotments in the Coombe that have been empty for a long time - will need 1 - 2 years of ground clearance and nothing will grow over the winter as its so cold and damp - but in the summer its idyllic. Phone number on the inside of the allotment gate and ask for Chris

On 13 Jun 2014 at 10:12am JillG wrote:
I agree, Winiterbourne Wanderer - LandShare is great, both for the veg-grower and the garden owner. But sorry, Luke, someone's already growing veg in my plot! Good luck

On 13 Jun 2014 at 2:11pm Chris wrote:
Hey Luke, just wait your turn like everybody else you pushy, queue-jumping t**ser.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie