Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Aldi parking

On Thu 6 Dec at 2:07pm Nevillman wrote:
Just been fined for over staying at Aldi car park. Only 90 minutes there.
On Thu 6 Dec at 2:54pm nancy wrote:
What could you possibly find to do for 90 minutes in Aldi?
On Thu 6 Dec at 2:58pm popham blowhard wrote:
Could've been worse.........could've been @ Laura Ashley.
On Thu 6 Dec at 5:34pm Pauline wrote:
It's a private parking company. Honestly tell them you visited the shop twice or any excuse really. They will have to take you to court. Which they won't.
On Thu 6 Dec at 6:34pm nancy wrote:
And never tell them who was driving.
On Fri 7 Dec at 12:17pm Nevillman wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Incidentally it was Mrs Nevillman who is not the fastest shopper in the world and decided to walk to Tesco for the additional items required after a shop at Aldi. 9 minutes is nearer my mark for a trip to Aldi. Incidentally I'm curious to know why people give my original post thumbs down. Presumably a mixture of reactions to the limited time allowed at Aldi, disapproval of what might appear to be a moan by me (it wasn't), disapproval of appearing to spend too long in Aldi and people accidentally hitting a thumb as they scroll and try to avoid the adverts. Nancy gets 27 thumbs up for her remark which ungenerous might even describe as troll like. It's a good job I'm not sensitive. Thumbs down gratefully received.
On Sat 8 Dec at 9:33am popham blowhard wrote:
Nevillman - despite my thumbed down remark, there is truth behind it . My sister in law was "fined " @ a shop in seaford because she overstayed by going to a cafe. She wrote a letter basically taking the pi** with all kinds of fictitious excuses. They did NOTHING. A friend was fined at B+Q Eastbourne for leaving the car park and shopping in Morrisons - similar to what you did ? I' m not sure what that outcome was but I'm sure L.A would hassle you more than Aldi. Good Luck.
On Sat 8 Dec at 10:06am Rookie wrote:
If it's of any use then try what I did after getting a similar ticket in Lidl Brighton.
I simply sent them a copy of my till receipt explaining that my elderly mother was with me and she could not walk very fast. I had a very nice letter back from the parking company saying they had abolished the fine.
In reality I had been in the cafe opposite having a full English too but I kept that quiet.
I think if you can prove you were in the shop you will get away with it.
On Sat 8 Dec at 11:10am Green Sleeves wrote:
@rookie and who says dishonesty doesn't pay?
On Sat 8 Dec at 1:07pm Blatant Liar wrote:
You actually ate in Macs cafe ???
And you’re still alive ?
On Sat 8 Dec at 7:18pm Rookie wrote:
Nothing wrong with Macs. It's just the sort of cafe that Lewes could do with.
Yes, it was a bit dishonest going in the cafe too but I did spend a fair bit of money in the shop. And it was only 8 minutes over the limit.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 128:137
The Swan penny

Mixed bunch indeed more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV