Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Accountability

On 25 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm Robbie wrote:
Good to see the conclusion of general election spending irregularities investigation and that offenders have been severely dealt with (shame it was such a pathetic judgement that it won't deter anyone from doing the same).
Nice to see the value they put on these sort of "errors", 20,000.
I wonder how much the investigation cost!

Check it out here »

On 25 Oct 2016 at 4:32pm Simple Simon wrote:
It's all about being seen to do the right thing. Justice comes at no price, those who sin in life especially public office need to be held accountable. I welcome any enquiry or protracted investigation no matter at what cost. Nothing is ever learnt but there must be a deterrent to stop others going wayward. In the old days we use to put them on the Bonfire but thank godness that has all changed. Integrity is non negotiable.
On 25 Oct 2016 at 4:49pm What Tiler? wrote:
Such a shame that the same amount of scrutiny and investigation hasn't been applied to the umpteen tory candidates who allegedly fiddled their campaign expenses at the last election. Might have been a different result if the outcome had been investigated thoroughly and with due diligence.

On 25 Oct 2016 at 5:28pm Robbie wrote:
I also welcome the enquiry but given the amount of "errors" the end result hardly seems to fitting and proportionate (pathetically small penalty).
I know a trader (from many years back), someone broke into his yard overnight and died falling into an oil tank whilst breaking into his office. His personal fine was 4x the size of this.
The penalty should reflect the cost of the investigation, that is how it works for the rest of us.
On 25 Oct 2016 at 5:46pm The Greek wrote:
Yet the Tory election fraud scandal remains swept under the carpet...

On 25 Oct 2016 at 6:09pm bonzo wrote:
Well they cheated in Farage's seat and overspent by hundreds of thousands and nothing seems to of happened there either.
It wouldn't surprise me if the dubious remain campaign got dodgy funds from Cameron and Osbourne also we already know Goldman Sachs were involved to the tune of thousands.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Starfish Studios Lewes 109:132
Starfish Studios Lewes

Ignoring unhelpful name calling and relying on government statistics which show that the delta variant is the Indian variant... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy