Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

A sign of the times?

1
4
On 20 Feb 2017 at 9:39pm Blois Road wrote:
As much as I hate to bring up the subject of Brexit, my observation about Brexit is that old time Lewesians (mainly born and bred) favour leaving the EU, whereas the new influx of Brightonians and Londoners favour remaining.
Without defaming each other, please can you indicate if you are an old or new Lewesian and how you voted.
3
5
On 20 Feb 2017 at 9:47pm Lopster wrote:
What rot
5
3
On 20 Feb 2017 at 9:58pm Pedronewmsclifford wrote:
Expecting a bumper courgette crop this year. Great on pizza. Anyone else got unusual use for these beauties?
10
4
On 20 Feb 2017 at 10:08pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
Newish (20 years), originally lived in Middlesex, with a spell in Seaford during the 1970s, which is why I came back to the area. Ironically, I moved to escape from the gentrification of my home town. I voted to leave because I felt that net migration levels were unsustainable and would lead to environmental damage and take us further away from the sustainability we need to survive the challenges of global warming. I felt that the short term economic setbacks were worth the long term gain. I regard myself as a European, but the EU is not Europe. I could see both sides of the argument and thought long and hard before casting my vote. I hate the mud slinging and animosity between both sides of the debate.
4
8
On 20 Feb 2017 at 10:37pm The Greek wrote:
Barcombe born and bred. Remainer. As a socialist I do take a lot of issue with the EU and can see the reasons some people voted to Leave. But after lots of consideration I just couldn't align myself with some of the uglier voices on the Leave side, nor give them a green card for their views. Hence I voted to Remain. I still have the majority of my life ahead of me and I do like the underlying principle of the EU and what it has to offer. It's reverence of market capitalism not so much.
2
5
On 20 Feb 2017 at 10:38pm The Greek wrote:
A large part of my vote to Remain was also not trusting the Government of the day to not make a total hash of Brexit. It seems they are living up to that.
3
5
On 20 Feb 2017 at 10:40pm The Greek wrote:
Its*
2
7
On 20 Feb 2017 at 10:44pm Jess h christ wrote:
Here we go again. Seriously it's like these people can't stop themselves. Just because it's Monday doesn't mean start the same conversation as last week, and the week before, and the week before that.
2
2
On 21 Feb 2017 at 7:09am Erm... wrote:
Come on then Jesus, what shall we talk about? Why don't you start us off.
1
5
On 21 Feb 2017 at 7:21am Enough wrote:
Indeed Jess, the Greek and his ilk just like the bl00dy sound of their own voices
Can you imagine being in a pub with one , or god forbid , all of them ?
1
4
On 21 Feb 2017 at 8:03am Jesus wrote:
They must have dull lives if the EU is their main interest.
1
2
On 21 Feb 2017 at 8:46am Billy wrote:
What hobbies do you have?
Me, its the following:
Gym
Swimming
Gardening
Walking
House renovation
Baking
Reading
and following Lewes FC.
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:02am Jilly wrote:
Gardening
Reading, classic crime fiction such as Conan-Doyle
Crochet/sewing
Walking
Nature
xx
1
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:19am Pedro wrote:
I'm a proud DFL, but lived in Lewes for almost a decade. I voted for remain. The arguments for leaving the EU were unconvincing (to me) and seemed to focus on immigration (and portraying this country being almost under siege) and a sense of british exceptionalism. Sure, we will survive outside the EU, but we won't be better off socially, culturally or financially. We may have more abundance of cucumbers though (providing we still have the workforce to grow and pick them!).
1
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:38am Courgettes wrote:
It's courgettes not cucumbers..don't you watch the news
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:44am The Greek wrote:
The EU is definitely not a main interest of mine, politics yes. But it isn't the main one.
 
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 10:18am Jilly wrote:
If you were serious about discussing politics you would not try to do so on this forum. It just comes across as trolling, cos most of us aint interested in long speals of drivel.
2
2
On 21 Feb 2017 at 10:32am Pedro wrote:
Are there are set rules of what can and cannot be discussed on this forum? I can't see webbo removing politics or any other threads that are non-Lewes related, so I presume not. You are just wasting your time, energy and mental wellbeing trying to disturb/distract/digress threads with nonsense via various anonymous unregistered usernames. Its a futile attempt at trying to shut down debate and topics you don't wish to discuss. Just ignore them, and focus on the threads that interest you. Otherwise it comes across as brattish behaviour.
1
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 11:28am Brattish? wrote:
That's the pot accusing the kettle of being less than sparkly, Pedro old bean. You derail every thread your malign influence spreads into with multiple posts about how you're going to carry on making multiple posts in every thread because you can.

If I was in a pub and knew that the vast majority of people in there were bored of me being there to the extent that every time I opened my mouth to speak, a bunch of people started shouting at me to shut up then although I would be perfectly within my rights to stay in that pub bleating on about whatever I wanted, I'd probably make the rational decision to go to a different pub where people were more receptive to my style of conversation, especially if the pub I was in was a virtual one with literally millions of other pubs on it.

That you persist in posting such guff in such volumes makes you come across as a spoilt child.
2
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 11:35am Cynthia wrote:
Hear hear....every thread he posts on he always turns it around to himself and how cool he is by smoking an illegal drug (despite hiding his habit from others...guilty conscience methinks).
Pedro's posts are usually the following:
"drugs good, alcohol bad, I'm interesting and you are all trolls for not liking/agreeing me me me me me me"
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 12:14pm Pedro wrote:
The analogy of the pub doesn't work, as i'm being shouted down by anonymous unregistered trolls, who may be 1 person, or maybe 50, but its impossible to tell (but likely to be quite a low number). I've heard the same reasoning and writing style from what appears to be numerous usernames - why don't you just register one account and tell me? Why the need to have so many usernames to make your point?

@ Cynthia, I vape, my dear, I don't smoke. Quite a few friends and family know I vape, and some who I feel are more judgemental I choose not to say. I feel very content and comfortable with my "habit". I used to drink a lot more than I vape cannabis now and much healthier for it.
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 1:06pm Vape off wrote:
Who cares? Does it make you special? no..it makes you an addict, same as any drug user including an alcoholic....
 
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 1:17pm Pedro wrote:
@vape off. If you keep bringing it up in discussion, then I'm going to keep discussing it. Your strategy is counter-productive.

I am not dependent on weed. If I was, then I'd be a legitimate addict. Only 9% of people who consume cannabis, become dependent. Far lower than other drugs (including alcohol and tobacco), and add on to that its far healthier and comes with far fewer risks. I think trolling is probably a more unhealthy habit, although cheaper.
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 1:48pm @pedro wrote:
you are wrong.give it up.bet you can't
 
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 1:57pm Hmmm.... wrote:
Isn't it interesting that people who post anti-Pedro rants all claim to be speaking up on behalf of all forum users. These are probably the same people who claimed to represent 'the people' when they voted for Brexit! I wouldn't listen to them Pedro.
2
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 1:59pm THE ANTIPEDRO wrote:
well said brattish, cynthia, @pedro, and all the hundreds of others
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 2:22pm Pedro wrote:
@ the antipedro. heh. You are just patting yourself, and all your other aliases, on the back!

@@pedro - give up what? vaping cannabis 3 times a week in evenings? I have more of a forum and videogame addiction than I have a cannabis addiction. I'm certain you would like me to give up forums
2
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:18pm The Cypriot wrote:
Anybody who still blindly parrots the old line 'cannabis is an illegal drug that's really bad for you blah blah blah' is seriously misinformed and I would urge you to do some proper research on the subject. Within 5-10 years it will be legal across the US as it already is in a few states and countries like Uruguay, the Netherlands and Portugal (where incidentally all drugs are decriminalised, it's working wonders). Nobody has ever died smoking cannabis, fact. Things are made illegal supposedly to protect us from them-we don't need protecting from cannabis. Please don't start the 'It rots your brain' rubbish-this has been debunked in numerous studies. Saying you're pro cannabis legalisation isn't saying you're pro cannabis, it's saying you're pro choice. I am firmly in favour of adults being allowed to decide for themselves what they put in their bodies- we do with alcohol, why not cannabis???
It is such an antiquated law, put in place to serve government's own agendas and not to actually keep people safe. Just look at the Netherlands where it has been legal for years-some local people smoke it but most don't.
If you look at the US states where it has been legalised, they're seeing massive benefits already- Colorado made something like 30 million in three months from taxing cannabis sales and manufacture. We're all saying the NHS and other public services are underfunded, I wonder where we could get the money...? Can you not see how cannabis being illegal simply means organised crime continues to benefit from it because, believe it or not, people will always like smoking weed, and if it were legal it could be properly regulated and taxed.
The ridiculous 'War on Drugs' has not worked and will never work, criminalising 'drug' users is absurd. Alcohol is the most destructive and widely available drug of all- remember when that used to be illegal?? Seems pretty ridiculous now doesn't it? And that's exactly how it will look to people in 10-20 years time- what do you mean cannabis was illegal???
1
2
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm Do i lookbovvered wrote:
Cant be @rsed to read through all that cut n paste
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:27pm Hypocrite wrote:
The cypriot=pedro
 
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:27pm The Cypriot wrote:
Not a word of it is copy and pasted actually, unlike you I can coherently write a rational argument however lengthy, your loss if you can't even read one
2
 
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:29pm The Cypriot wrote:
Haha nope not Pedro actually, but if it's easier for you to believe that there's only one person with differing opinions to yours then think what you like, doesn't bother me
 
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:32pm The Cypriot wrote:
You do also all realise that Cannabis has absolutely zero physically addictive properties right? That's scientific fact, look it up for yourselves. While you're there, have a look at why Cannabis was first made illegal all those years ago; I can assure you it wasn't with the publics best interests at heart...
 
3
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:37pm The Cypriot wrote:
Don't just take my word for it

Check it out here »
 
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 3:57pm Pedro wrote:
@ The Cypriot (clearly one of my aliases because we happen to share a commonly shared opinion!) Well said.

I suspect some people on here just want to be contrary to relieve some boredom or stress. Playing "devils advocate", but being obtuse and a jerk about it in the process. Far easier to do this online and with the safety of anonymity.
1
1
On 21 Feb 2017 at 4:06pm The Cypriot wrote:
@Pedro yes I suspect you're right, however it does infuriate me as some people genuinely do blindly cling onto these antiquated views on cannabis, whilst I suspect enjoying a glass of wine or two because to them that's a 'drink' not a 'drug' because they've been pulled in by clever advertising and government policy. Not that you need me to tell you that I'm sure! Sounds like you've been dealing with this fools long before I even found this forum!
3
2
On 21 Feb 2017 at 4:10pm Hello wrote:
Stop talking to yourself...you nutter


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

I don't think Santa is on-line at all, you just have to leave a note by the chimney. And hope you've been good all year. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde