Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

A garage for my 1972 Triumph 2000

On 4 Jul 2012 at 10:41am Richard wrote:
I am looking for a garage to rent from late September through to probably April, to overwinter my Triumph 2000 Estate. I live near to the Grange, so nearby would be great (but unlikely!) - so was wondering about a garage/barn/shed somewhere near to Lewes.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks!

On 4 Jul 2012 at 1:22pm Rust bucket wrote:
The council have a few garages around the town to rent. Costs about £11 a week though. Their office is in Fort Road, Newhaven

On 4 Jul 2012 at 2:20pm GUIDO wrote:
£11 per week???????? where do you get them figures from? I've just given up my council garage in Lewes as it was costing almost £60 pcm! Total rip off as per usual...

On 4 Jul 2012 at 2:51pm Rust bucket wrote:
Gone up again has it? I was going by a year or 2 ago when I gave mine up. Agreed. Total rip off.

On 4 Jul 2012 at 5:17pm Richard wrote:
Well I will need somewhere as I don't want the car in the elements through winter....might have to be the council...

On 5 Jul 2012 at 10:40am babysitter wrote:
I have one to rent in Winterbourne.

On 5 Jul 2012 at 4:16pm Ncp wrote:
Just seen a board up for one to rent in mailing as you turn off the flyover into new mailing , on the railings on your left as you go in ,

On 5 Jul 2012 at 7:14pm Richard wrote:
Hi babysitter - that sounds great. How do I contact you?

On 5 Jul 2012 at 7:15pm Richard wrote:
Thanks Ncp - I'll drive by on the weekend...

On 6 Jul 2012 at 8:42pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Richard, if you wish to lay your car up for the winter, and not drive it, why do you need a garage near your home? Find somewhere a few miles out, in the sticks where storage is much cheaper. All you need is access to visit ant start it, say, once a month.

On 8 Jul 2012 at 7:08am Richard wrote:
Sussex Jim that's right, it's just finding one that's the hard bit. Babysitter's garage in Winterbourne sounds great and literally up the road....

On 8 Jul 2012 at 7:57am Richard wrote:
Babysitter could you drop me a line at richard.elsen@gmail.com about the garage? Thanks

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

I tested Carfax, paid $ 40 for the report and received an incomplete report. Try Epicvin , I was given a full vin history report more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine
Brighton Jobs