Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

A Well Done for the Fire Service

On 25 Apr 2013 at 10:20am A Local wrote:
I would just like to congratulate the Fire Service for their prompt response to a motor home fire in Landport yesterday evening. Great job ensuring the fire did not spread to the boys club.(Heaven knows there are few enough community facilities). It, does however, pose the question why did LDC let the chap stay living, no doubt rent free! on the hard standing for so long. Last time I checked it was not designated a nominated site for travellers.

On 25 Apr 2013 at 3:03pm Judge Montal wrote:
I didn't realise that the Fire Service would need congratulations given for every small fire they attended. I'm glad that it didn't spread to Boy's Club
LDC probably "let the chap stay living, no doubt rent free! on the hard standing for so long" because probably no one could be bothered to say anything about it until 'A Local' did. If anyone was concerned enough surely they would of said something sooner?

On 25 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm A Local wrote:
A Local did 20/12/2013!!

On 25 Apr 2013 at 4:07pm Judge Montal wrote:
As a matter of interest how long had caravan been there?

On 25 Apr 2013 at 4:43pm A Local wrote:
Just about a year in all up to yesterday, Date above should read 2012 not 2013, although the burnt out shell will no doubt still be there for crimbo!
On 25 Apr 2013 at 5:13pm bastian wrote:
you aren't into alternative life styles then?
On 25 Apr 2013 at 5:20pm uckersbarry wrote:
tramps on wheels one less to worry about

On 25 Apr 2013 at 5:21pm belladonna wrote:
Saw that van about 6 months ago and thought it was on fire - there was an awful lot of smoke coming out, but then someone opened the door and all seemed ok. I think they had some sort of dodgy stove/chimney rigged up for heating/cooking.

On 25 Apr 2013 at 5:31pm Judge Montal wrote:
Have the fire service said what started the fire?
It would be of no surprise to learn if it was arson judging from some peoples comments on this site.

On 25 Apr 2013 at 8:45pm arson around wiv matches wrote:
best thing that could of happened landport is a respectable area

On 25 Apr 2013 at 9:28pm Enoch wrote:
Surely you can't blame the Arsenal manager for this incident.

On 25 Apr 2013 at 11:19pm Dave wrote:
The guy who lived in that van is one of the nicest blokes I know. His home and most of his possessions have been destroyed. It's tragic

On 25 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm Judge Montal wrote:
I don't know him but its nice to hear somebody having a little empathy.
I knew a young couple the woman was 8.6 months pregnant and their live in vehicle went up in smoke leaving them with absolutely nothing.
I remember the local bands had several benefit gigs to raise funds for them.
I agree with you Dave it tragic.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:143
Cliffe Tableau 2015

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington