Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

On 14 Oct 2012 at 6:54pm SHS wrote:
Yet another re-naming! What's wrong with the TA? Do we have money to burn? As with any re-naming, the cost will be billions, what an earth is the point? Why not just spend the money on more equipment, pay rises, training anything but a stupid wasteful RENAME!

On 14 Oct 2012 at 7:49pm Sussex Jim wrote:
I assume you are referring to the Territorial Army. You have the advantage over me, as I have not heard this yet.
But, as you say, why should we have these daft re-namings? Look at the farce of the Post Office ,renamed Consignia for five minutes.
Let's carry on the good old days, when you left school with GCE's and went to the Labour Exchange for a job. Or not- and then went on the Dole. You went to work by Southdown bus or British Railways. If you had a car you paid five bob for a gallon of Shellmex of National benzole; and had an annual MOT test. You listened to the BBC Light Programme at work, unless you get a pirate station on your tranny.
Think of a few more names for your computer spellcheck to underline in red; mine is starting to protest...

On 14 Oct 2012 at 10:25pm the old mayor wrote:
You dont suspect all those highly educated graduates have anything to do with all this messing ? If so expect more !! If they cant make their companies money, they will simply spend it for them !! Either way we pay !!

On 15 Oct 2012 at 8:25am Pete wrote:
I suspect that this is in line with a longer term strategy to strengthen the TA and minimise the main army (and navy, air force etc.). In this day and age, we (i.e. the UK), are not really a main world power when it comes to armies, so it makes sense to ally ourselves with a composite european force, and reduce our forces still further. In future the UK should not be deploying any troops to trouble spots throughout the world, rather, we will become part of a "deployment" force - possibly under the umbrella of the UN or NATO, or some such. This does mean that we will have to beef up our internal security, so on balance there will be few forces jobs lost.

On 15 Oct 2012 at 3:31pm Irrelevant Steve wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to spell Mississippi? Any help would be appreciated.

On 15 Oct 2012 at 5:01pm Pete wrote:
Sure, the river, or the state ?

On 16 Oct 2012 at 4:23pm Get Off My Land!! wrote:
Or a drunk lady called Mrs Sippy?

On 17 Oct 2012 at 11:58pm AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
You got it right first time,4 i's and 4s's. Pity some others on this site can't even spell their own names proper like what I was taught to speak!!!

On 18 Oct 2012 at 9:27pm good grief wrote:
TA topping up the Regs - big mistake (and I'm in the TA)...

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Swan penny 112:132
Swan penny

New highly rated management. 2 very good new players signed already and plenty more to come. This season could be very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine