Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

A27 resurfacing

On 24 Oct 2014 at 11:19am carman wrote:
I am sure that I recall a promise made several years ago that the next time the Lewes bypass was resurfaced, they would use a surface that produced less noise. Does anyone else recall this or know if it is being implemented?

On 24 Oct 2014 at 2:29pm Navvy wrote:
I remember it being called part of the Folkstone to Honiton Trunk Road - we had our cabins in Hope in the valley - we renamed it after we saw a few courting couples there after the pubs shut . Also when the rail bridge over the Ouse was altered we found a kind of cantilever weight box - thought it would be full of stones or cast iron - turnrd out to be lead . Happy days . I travelled around a bit but settled near Lewes . I like the area
On 24 Oct 2014 at 2:42pm Bishop wrote:
I should think the highways dept would be the best place to ask this sort of question actually, then if you dont like the answer get on here !

On 24 Oct 2014 at 4:31pm ar10642 wrote:
It would have to be the Highways Agency. The local authority don't deal with trunk roads.
On 24 Oct 2014 at 10:11pm edtheplumber wrote:
Yes, when I lived on Priory Street they said a Acoustic suppressing surface would be used between kingston and the cuilfail roundabouts. But that was a previous Government ...

On 25 Oct 2014 at 8:58am Do one lane at a time wrote:
A few warning signs wouldn't go amiss. I drove from Brighton marina at 10:30 last night, only to be turned round at Falmer to go back to the marina and along to Newhaven. Near midnight before I got home.

On 26 Oct 2014 at 7:03pm carman wrote:
Contacting the highways agency is not easy. I'm hoping that a councillor or paid official is on to this.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

An American diner would have been much better there , Hixton Green menu not great and overpriced. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare