Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

A27 bypass closed

On 23 Jan 2010 at 12:45pm spongebob wrote:
Just spent 45 minutes getting from Falmer to Lewes. The A27 east bound is closed and traffic is diverted through the town. It's a f*****g nightmare....AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Couldn't find anything on the ESCC website but i'll have a search a bit further.

On 23 Jan 2010 at 1:22pm Pearlie wrote:
That reminds me - was on BBC News yesterday morning..
A27 Lewes Bypass Lewes
eastbound between A277 Brighton Road and A26 closed
A27 East Sussex - Lewes Bypass closed eastbound due to roadworks between Kingston Roundabout and Southerham Roundabout, in Lewes
Last updated: 23rd January 2010 at 06:28, started: 22nd January 2010, ending: 25th January 2010
And.......
A27 Falmer, Lewes
eastbound between B2123 The Drove and A277 Brighton Road A27 East Sussex - Long delays of 30 minutes eastbound between University of Sussex and Kingston Roundabout, Lewes, in Falmer, Lewes. In the roadworks area
Last updated: 23rd January 2010 at 12:53

On 23 Jan 2010 at 6:17pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Our half-hourly bus service became an hourly service today. The traffic in town was so bad that the solitary bus couldn't get round the route in much under an hour.

On 23 Jan 2010 at 7:25pm wanka wrote:
And of course all the twats move straight over to the left 1/2 mile from where the lanes go from two to one and then won't let anyone in at the actual point where it narrows. Have none of those cants heard of merge in turn or close the zip? I despair!

On 23 Jan 2010 at 9:08pm wanderer wrote:
heart fm website had nav news click on travel and it gives you advance warning of road works plus accidents

On 24 Jan 2010 at 7:40pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
My mate got a taxi over from Ovingdean today. I forgot about the bypass being closed, and it took an hour.

On 27 Jan 2010 at 8:23am wanderer wrote:
update its closed again this weekend . nice electronic signs at falmer uni and texaco garage

On 27 Jan 2010 at 11:12am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Is it going to be closed in just the westbound direction? I think that was the plan.

On 6 Feb 2010 at 5:19pm Snowcloud wrote:
What about this evening, 6th Feb? Which direction will be closed?

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 72:143
Lewes Ice Cream

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes