Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

A275 Brighton Road traffic.

On 17 Sep 2014 at 8:49pm Disgruntled driver. wrote:
Why is traffic so horrendous on the A275 currently ( my technical description is :- road leading into lewes from big roundabout past prison)
It's worse than ever. It can't surely be due to road works on station street, I don't get how that is impacting so much on route into lewes! Unless people are not getting the train out of lewes and driving instead.
On 17 Sep 2014 at 10:14pm Horseman7 wrote:
A277.

On 17 Sep 2014 at 10:54pm Historian wrote:
Altered the timings of said lights.and others through the town. its going to be carnage for 5 long weeks !!

On 17 Sep 2014 at 11:24pm skeptical green wrote:
Traffic is diverted back through Southover Bell Lane, Winterbourne etc up to the Prison crossroads in order to go down high st or back into town by Offhamn rd past Landport, so extra congestion at prison and tailback to roundabout is inevitable.
On 18 Sep 2014 at 11:41am Gummy wrote:
Buses from central Brighton to central Lewes are horrendous at the moment because of roadworks in Brighton, then the problems you describe above. Some evenings it's taken me almost 2 hours to get from Churchill Square to Lewes prison. Trains are too expensive so cycling is becoming the only option.
On 18 Sep 2014 at 12:54pm Zebedee wrote:
It's delightful here near the top of Station Street. Station Street is currently pedestrian only and there's hardly any motorised traffic on the high street. It's actually pleasant to walk around.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mercury and Magnesium 91:132
Mercury and Magnesium

Just because there are people able to organise a campaign and deal with the politics for something doesn't make them the best... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum
Jim