Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

80's Disco at The Royal Oak Lewes! Friday 31st!

On 23 Aug 2012 at 1:43pm Flammer3 wrote:
If anyone out there likes 80's disco music you should head down to The Royal Oak in Lewes up Station Street and check out the 80's Disco in there on every second Friday. I went last time and it was ace. They had great tunes and made the effort with some really good lights, too. Hope to get more people there for them coz it's a good laugh!

On 23 Aug 2012 at 9:36pm tizz wrote:
it was good last time anyone know what time it starts

On 24 Aug 2012 at 12:21am Local wrote:
Are you the landlord, Flammer3, or just a family member / investor?

On 24 Aug 2012 at 8:04am Deelite wrote:
I'd rather stick pins in my eyes

On 24 Aug 2012 at 9:28am dave wrote:
oh joy. more noise and fights spilling out of that pub again. could hear the music from halfway up school hill last one time.

On 24 Aug 2012 at 10:53am Flammer3 wrote:
Landlord or investor?! No! Just a publican who happens to be a fan of 80's pop! #liveandletlive
On 24 Aug 2012 at 1:08pm GhostBike wrote:
Let's all celebrate the worst decade for popular music since the genre began. God the 80s were rubbish.

On 24 Aug 2012 at 1:21pm TDA wrote:
The 80s, rubbish? Great hip hop, electro, indie, rock, some fantastic pop, the birth of rave and the Madchester thing, plus a few decent jazz performers were still recording; not sure about classical. I'd rather have the 80s than anything from 2000 - now.

On 24 Aug 2012 at 3:28pm GhostBike wrote:
Indeed. Will they be playing The Smiths, New Order, Joy Division, Guy called Gerald, 808 State, Happy mondays, Grandmaster Flash, XTC, Talk Talk, early house and techno... or will it be utter cheese?

On 24 Aug 2012 at 9:40pm tizz wrote:
so does anyone know what time then

On 25 Aug 2012 at 10:27am Deelite wrote:
I think you can guarantee it'll be utter pop chart cheese. No Fall, Joy Division or house/techno/rave there.

On 29 Aug 2012 at 4:22pm Bloke 2 wrote:
I really can't see everyone getting down to 'Industrial Estate' or 'Psycho Mafia' by The Fall can you Deelite? I'm guessing it'll be more like Blondie, Flock of Seagulls, Kylie, Wham etc etc

On 29 Aug 2012 at 5:25pm Penguin wrote:
I think the original post which talks about "80's disco music" gives a fairly good indication as to the type of music they will be playing.

On 30 Aug 2012 at 12:14am Bloke 2 wrote:
So, what your basically saying then, is that its disco music, mainly from circa 1980's?

On 30 Aug 2012 at 12:48am havenrook wrote:
Lewes in the 80's when the youth stood their ground against all other towns, good times never forgotten.

On 30 Aug 2012 at 5:25am expat two wrote:
And the very early 80's at that.
House had eclipsed disco by 1984(ish - I'm afraid my memory from around that time is a bit leaky)

On 30 Aug 2012 at 10:12am Flammer3 wrote:
To be fair to them, they did play a decent mix of all sorts. E.g. New Wave, Classics, Brat Pack (Blondie), Ska-Pop (Madness), a bit of breakdance, synth stuff, and they DID play 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' by Joy Division! Just thought I'd mention it! Well, everyone here who has posted negative comments.....don't go then! I'm going - and I will have a top time!

On 30 Aug 2012 at 5:26pm Woody wrote:
Havenrook
Are you referring to 'The Battle of Lewes' when the town was invaded by a train full of yobs from Seaford? (The battle of 1984, not 1264)
What a night that was...

On 31 Aug 2012 at 9:30am DJ Maverick wrote:
Just seen this post. I am the 80's culprit and appear to divide opinion! All I can say to you Peeps is this: If you don't like 80's music, it's probably best you stay away. If you do, come along; if you only like some 80's styles a la Smiths/Joy Division, come along and pester me with requests. I have it all - and very happy to accommodate! Fair? -)

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:143
Boroughs tableau 2015

Are they going as Justin Trudeau? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare