Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

2 seater sofa - best disposal option?

On 11 Oct 2016 at 2:11pm Jenny D wrote:
It's not completely at the end of its days, but have not been able to get a taker via freebies on Gumtree. Looks like it's the tip. Any recommendations on guys with van etc that are not to just going to fly tip it? Thanks

On 11 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm free for all wrote:
Tried Freecycle? I'd post to Brighton as you get more of the student customer base on there - an old sofa is better than no sofa!
On 11 Oct 2016 at 2:29pm Jenny D wrote:
Thanks - we put it on Freecycle for Lewes, but will try Brighton too.
On 11 Oct 2016 at 4:14pm Kate wrote:
Lewes District Council will take it away, for a fee.

On 11 Oct 2016 at 5:32pm JillG wrote:
The Lewes charities Furniture Now and St Peter & St James both collect good furniture for free. Freegle is also a good alternative to Freecycle.
The forum won't allow me to post more than one link, so here's the Furniture Now one.

Check it out here »
On 11 Oct 2016 at 5:33pm JillG wrote:
And here's the St Peter and St James one

Check it out here »

On 11 Oct 2016 at 5:34pm JillG wrote:
And finally here's the Freegle one.
Good luck!

Check it out here »
On 11 Oct 2016 at 5:38pm Jenny D wrote:
Big thanks for all the responses - much appreciated. The charity places must be inundated with sofas as they only want ones in really good condition. Have not tried Freegle though, so will give that a try.

On 11 Oct 2016 at 6:19pm recycler wrote:
The used furniture place on the C7 just outside Newhaven - left at the pub recently took my settee. Furniture Now were frank and said they were inundated.
On 11 Oct 2016 at 6:38pm fifi wrote:
You could try Facebook - the Lewes District Council fee is expensive , something like 85 if I remember correctly . Try advertising on Sussex Horse Store as could be useful in a tack room / stables etc .
On 12 Oct 2016 at 1:05am Local wrote:
85 to take away a sofa? You are mad. More like 15ish. Probably still fly-tip though.

On 12 Oct 2016 at 4:43am fifi wrote:
Thankyou Local - I have obviously remembered incorrectly but I am definitely not mad ! I rang L D C regarding disposal of a sofa and it was expensive enough that it was cheaper to pay a man with a van to take it to the tip . I know it went to the tip because I had to go too and show a utility bill to prove I live locally .
On 12 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm Tasty tracy wrote:
Can you drop it off at the platform of Lewes Rail Station, so we can all sit down whilst waiting for a Southern train?
On 12 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm Jenny D wrote:
The sofa tells me that if I take it to the platform and you close your eyes and say 'giddy up' to it, it guarnatees to get you to your destination quicker than a Southern Train can.

On 17 Oct 2016 at 11:07am Sofar so good wrote:
Leave it outside your front door with a "for sale" sign stuck to it. It will be stolen by the following morning. Works every time!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

south street badge 107:132
south street badge

Masks are now compulsory in classrooms. My son is off isolating again after being in close contact. The fuss is about lost... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine