Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

20 mph, Ya Aving A Laugh

On 21 Mar 2013 at 7:32pm Boris wrote:
There are pot holes every where yet the council still managed to find the cash to paint 20mph all over our roads even though it's pretty much impossible to travel any faster than that in the areas where they have painted it.

On 21 Mar 2013 at 7:40pm Zebedee wrote:
That's all right then.

On 21 Mar 2013 at 7:53pm Extra wrote:
And why did ESCC expensively resurface the little used Watergate Lane when adjacent St Andrews is falling apart, along with orher urgent jobs in town and country?

On 22 Mar 2013 at 8:58am speedonot wrote:
Extra - its obvious isn't it? A councillor must live down there! When I walked to the station this morning, it was the usual suspects who were driving at breakneck speeds up the High Street and Western Road.
And have you seen the Fisher Street potholes? Its lethal down there now. And Station Street and ... well just about every other road in Lewes apart from the High Street and above. And don't get me started on the state of the pavements!!!
LDC, ESCC, LTC (is there one) - all the councils are absolutely beyong the pale. And don't say we vote for what we get. We don't. Whatever the flavour of an elected council, it was ever thus.

On 22 Mar 2013 at 10:09am Blip wrote:
Winterbourne Lane has a kind of seam in the road, and this is the area which has constant potholes. They are so placed that to avoid them you risk swinging over too near the parked cars, with the possibility of scraping them, or if you move too far the other way, then there is a steep bank down to the stream. Patching them is false economy: the entire road needs resurfacing. I thought that was what our car tax was for.

On 24 Mar 2013 at 2:22pm The Super K wrote:
Complete waste of time.... Un-inforcable!!
Replace the hxxp with http
hxxp://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10310163.What_s_the_point__20mph_speed_cameras_won_t_work/

On 24 Mar 2013 at 2:57pm Thicko wrote:
Super K, there are no speed cameras in lewes, what's the relevance of the argus article? Leave your brain to science, it'll be of interest to see how somebody so stupid can breath and type at the same time, maybe you hold your breath?

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo