Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

20 for 20 mins work

On 10 Nov 2015 at 9:52am Jeff wrote:
Hello,
I have some concrete slabs that need moving about 20 feet so that a grab lorry can reach them. They are heavy - they really need two men to lift and move them, and they need to be stacked in a few neat piles. There are 22 more slabs to move - I did seven of them last night in 15 mins on my own before I dropped one of them on my toe, hence the plea for help.
I'll pay two men 20 to shift them. You'll probably do it in 20 mins.
If you and a mate can help, I'm on Nevill.
Geoff
On 10 Nov 2015 at 9:53am Geoff wrote:
I should clarify - two men 20 each.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 10:26am Geoff wrote:
why the downvote? Isn't that better than 20 between two.....?
On 10 Nov 2015 at 11:35am Donald wrote:
That's 60 per hour. When I was working I didn't earn anywhere near that. Ignore the haters.

On 10 Nov 2015 at 1:13pm Decent Citizen wrote:
I hope you find someone to help you Geoff.Ignore silly down voters.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 1:40pm Zebedee wrote:
I feel for you Jeff. I often find I need help moving stupidly heavy objects around the place. I often end up waiting until it happens there are enough strong bloke at the house... then I beg them for help. :-). One poor guy came round to do a quote for a window and ended up hoisting a large cranked rsj up a ladder into into the roof space (thanks Gareth).

I've had a cast iron bath stood in the middle of my kitchen for nearly six months now, waiting for some method of getting it to the first floor. :-(

Sounds like you should be OK in the Neville though. Loads of strong blokes around and the pay is generous.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 2:44pm Bath Mover wrote:
You need 3 strong blokes and a length of rope - one inside the bath on his back like a tortoise, one at the top of the stairs with the rope through the tapholes and one behind pushing. Been done and got the T shirt but I'm over 60 now so it won't be me
On 10 Nov 2015 at 4:35pm Geoff wrote:
Job done! Nice chap came and did it on his own in 20 minutes, and I honoured the 40 along with a coffee and a dark chocolate digestive as a pleasantness bonus.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 6:41pm Horseman7 wrote:
Good result all round Geoff. And I hope your toe is okay.
On 10 Nov 2015 at 7:36pm Geoff wrote:
thanks Horseman. Not broken, but one less toenail.

On 10 Nov 2015 at 8:57pm George wrote:
Did you pay the tax on the money ??

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 68:132
Lewes Ice Cream

We have ways of making you work. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa