frame-src 'self' data:
 

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

2018 Worldwide Wage Growth.

8
4
On 2 Sep 2018 at 10:32am Just About Managing wrote:
2018 Worldwide Wage Growth:
Latvia +4.1%
Slovenia +3.7%
Slovakia +2.9%
South Korea +1.9%
Iceland +1.5%
Ireland +1.3%
Portugal +1.1%
Mexico +0.7%
Greece +0.2%
Britain -0.7%
Being skint in Tory Britain matters so much more to people than the next smear of Jeremy Corbyn.
7
12
On 2 Sep 2018 at 10:50am stevejibes wrote:
It's always the government's fault...
How about taking some responsibility yourself... training and upskilling might be a good idea so that you're more valuable to your employer.
It's not hard. Just requires will power and a bit of effort.

6
7
On 2 Sep 2018 at 10:59am nancy wrote:
So poorer countries have had bigger wage growth. That's because they start from a lower threshold. What is the point of showing one off stats? Which of those countries has the highest employment figure?
6
6
On 2 Sep 2018 at 11:28am Balanced Reporting wrote:
Generally, a continuing supply of imported cheap labour to the UK equals lower wage growth. Exported labour from other countries equals labour shortages, skill depletion and consequently higher wages. Simple economics!
4
5
On 2 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm Tony wrote:
Argentina is top with wage growth of 7.3%. Sounds good huh?
Argentina's Central Bank has just hiked interest rates to 60% and the economy is in crisis.
3
7
On 2 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm stevejibes wrote:
Tony, these momentum fellas are too stupid to understand enonomics.
All they're interested in is raising taxes to pay for the bone idle. They think the government has money and it's in infinite supply.
They aspire to have an economic model like Venezuela.
Thankfully the Labour party has destroyed itself and Corbyn and McDonnell will soon be unemployed.
5
3
On 2 Sep 2018 at 4:54pm Mark wrote:
What's this thing about always referring to Momentum when referring to anyone left-leaning? Momentum is a hard-left splinter group within the Labour Party. Even Corbyn isn't a member. Is it a Daily Mail thing? I dunno... I don't read the Mail. Is it a sort of crafty attempt to smear - like a kind of evil, secret organisation with special handshakes, like the Masons, that people secretly and sneakily belong to?
6
4
On 2 Sep 2018 at 5:03pm Mark wrote:
...and it's not really about Argentina. I googled Worldwide Wage Growth cause I was curious to see the source material. I'm like that... 76 countries sampled. Britain in 73rd place for wage growth and all of our European partners ahead of us. Hurrah for Brexit!
3
4
On 2 Sep 2018 at 7:01pm oh mark wrote:
Would you rather be looking for a job in Spain or Greece because there aren't any.
1
4
On 2 Sep 2018 at 10:06pm Working class Tory wrote:
Hahaha only a thick Labour voter would believe that rubbish
 
2
On 2 Sep 2018 at 11:29pm Stonemam wrote:
get rid of all the forigners and well all be very rich lets just get on with it with some faschism
2
 
On 3 Sep 2018 at 1:46am @Mark wrote:
"Momentum is a hard-left splinter group within the Labour Party"
Cheers Mark for your statement of fact.
You sound like Rupert Murdoch or one of the other tax dodgers who run the British news media.
Can you please provide some evidence to your statement of fact apart from the usual lies in the Daily Mail, Sun or Telegraph?
I very much doubt you can support such a crass statement.
Momentum is about inspiring people to change things; please don't even try to pretend that it's about Socialist Worker, Militant Tendancy & assocaiting Israeli land grabs with anti-Semitism.
The powers that be are scared of Corbyn. Right or wrong, he's influenced hundreds of thousands of normal people to join a politicall party. That's frightening to the powers that be, especially as the Tories are diminishing in numbers by the day.
So Mark, cheers; you keep profligating the lie that Momentum are a hard left, fifth column out to destroy this country when Jacob Rees Mogg's ERG is doing that quite nicely thank you.
 
1
On 3 Sep 2018 at 6:46am Mark wrote:
@mark, I said nothing about Momentum wanting to destroy the country. I simply said that they're a small hard left faction within the party. Which they are (membership in the 10s of thousands). They arose as a natural result of the shutting down of Militant Tendency. Broadly, they support Corbyn. These are facts. What's the problem and how does Rupert Murdoch enter into it? Stevejibes and many others on here mention Momentum very frequently. "Momentum types". I wondered why. Momentum are influential but they aren't very important.
1
 
On 3 Sep 2018 at 9:17am @Mark wrote:
and....
Can you please provide some evidence to your statement of fact apart from the usual lies in the Daily Mail, Sun or Telegraph?
I very much doubt you can support such a crass statement.
 
 
On 3 Sep 2018 at 9:44am Mark wrote:
Well no, not really, @mark because I don't have time to write a fully-referenced essay. I've glanced quickly. Wiki describes them as arising out of the demise of Militant. The idea was to promote a grassroots movement with a groundswell of support for Corbyn. They tend to be to the left of the mainstream party. I've no truck with that. I was reading Karl Marx when I was 15. Their membership is small (splinter). I wouldn't ever touch a Murdoch newspaper with a long stick. The Miner's strike... Hillsborough etc... The Wapping pickets...
 
 
On 3 Sep 2018 at 2:08pm Scribbage wrote:
@Mark .Momentum are a bunch of sinister, Machiavellian, far left extremists who invented internet trolling and want to nationalise your mum. Or so you might think if you read some of the press coverage about them. The grass-roots movement formed following Jeremy Corbyn's sweeping victory in the Labour leadership contest. I wanted to find out it the media portrayal of Momentum even comes close to reality.

Watch the video »
 
1
On 3 Sep 2018 at 11:37pm Clifford wrote:
Mark wrote: 'Britain in 73rd place for wage growth and all of our European partners ahead of us. Hurrah for Brexit!'

Why would you say that was, Mark? Because the other EU states' capitalists are nicer and want to give workers a better share of the wealth they produce? Or because workers in EU states are better organised to take a greater share? Or because British capitalism is inefficient and the capitalists just can't afford to share in that way?
1
 
On 4 Sep 2018 at 9:11am Mark wrote:
Would have voted against the EEC in the first referendum for precisely the reasons you cite Clifford but times have changed. Post-Thatcher, all that we had was our position as a conduit for the financial services industry to gain access to Europe. Those shocking figures are just the tip of the iceberg I fear.


19 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare