Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

100,000 City Euro job lost to Europe

On 4 Apr 2017 at 2:35pm City Type wrote:
The future of an estimated 100,000 jobs has been plunged into doubt after a close political ally of the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, warned that a prized sector in the City of London must relocate to EU soil after Brexit.
Manfred Weber, the leader of the largest political group in the European parliament, to which both the German chancellor and the commission president belong, told reporters that euro-denominated clearing could no longer be undertaken in the City when the UK leaves the EU.
“EU citizens decide on their own money,” Weber said during a press conference in Strasbourg on Tuesday. “When the UK is leaving the European Union it is not thinkable that at the end the whole euro business is managed in London. This is an external place, this is not an EU place any more. The euro business should be managed on EU soil.”
Such a development would be a huge blow to the British economy. Six months ago, the head of the London Stock Exchange, Xavier Rolet, said at least 100,000 positions could be lost if the City’s clearing houses lost their ability to process euro-denominated transactions.

Check it out here »
On 4 Apr 2017 at 3:00pm Bored wrote:
Who cares.We have got our country back.what could possibly go wrong.

Watch the video »
On 4 Apr 2017 at 3:11pm trooper wrote:
I do hope you are all very happy that Frau Merkel and her puppet Jeanne Claude Junker are calling the shots. The ghosts of the men who gave their lives so that we did not fall under the diktats of the 4th Reich, must wonder why.
On 4 Apr 2017 at 3:18pm Change of heart wrote:
I did vote out but all that has happended recently has made me change my mind. 100,000 job losses, war with Spain , what ever next. It's like the apocalypse is upon us, sorry about this folks, if I could change my mind I would, it was only a protest vote against the Tories.
On 4 Apr 2017 at 3:58pm Tosser wrote:
Change of heart: you are a terrible liar
On 4 Apr 2017 at 5:28pm The Old Mayor wrote:
We have two years of this media malarkey !! Whipping up the population with speculations. A lot can happen to Europe in that time, it's not exactly a bed of roses there either.
On 4 Apr 2017 at 7:15pm I dont live in lewes wrote:
France and Germany fought to get a bigger share of the clearing business when we were in the EU so it comes as no surprise they'll put the jack boot in given the opportunity.
France and Germany will grow wealthier at a faster rate in comparison to and at the expense of the southern and eastern countries. Behind the facade of the Brexit driven "We are all united front" there are deep divisions within the EU that will likely grow.
Rather be out of it.
PhilX
On 4 Apr 2017 at 7:57pm Bert wrote:
People should stop complaining about the loss of jobs and income. The sales of union jack bunting will more than compensate now we've got our country back.
On 4 Apr 2017 at 8:24pm Busty bar maid wrote:
I can't decide whether my new log store should be tall and thin or low and wide. It's about the aesthetics as it empties that I find tricky. I've got quite a lot left this year so want them to look good in the garden during the summer. Has any one else had any tricky decisions to make today?
On 4 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm Hot Lips wrote:
Hrt or not? I am suffering anxiety & palpitations
On 4 Apr 2017 at 9:49pm Busty bar maid wrote:
Try working up a sweat. I think it will pass.
On 5 Apr 2017 at 10:43am bushy wrote:
They dont have either the skills or the infrastructiure to carry out euro clearing , take it from me that the majority of it will remain in london , european countries would lose money were this not the case.
On 5 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm Tom Pain wrote:
Calm your nerves O palpitatious one. The City created the EU. Since when has the engineer done the oily rag's bidding?

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde