Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Malling estates a car park

On Wed 16 May at 6:36pm Mallings a car park wrote:
Police park all over malling during the week. Making the place a nightmare for all who live here. Anyone know what can be done?
On Wed 16 May at 7:02pm Mario wrote:
Nothing you can do. They are taxed and parking on a public road. You can park anywhere on a public road as well, if your own car is taxed.
On Wed 16 May at 7:48pm Malling resident wrote:
As one of our neighbours told me "they have to park somewhere"
On Wed 16 May at 8:51pm Malling resident wrote:
if anyone has any ideas id def be interested
On Wed 16 May at 9:06pm Good idea wrote:
Not sure how long you've lived there but this has been the case for many decades, if something could be done it would have been by now. Maybe put a drop kerb in front of your house?
On Wed 16 May at 9:19pm Burglar Bill wrote:
People who own a car and pay car tax park on a public street where they’re allowed to park. Not really much of a surprise. Despite what the morons in Prince Charles Road seem to think, you don’t own the road outside of your house.
On Thu 17 May at 12:20am Moron wrote:
You could try egging the cars (just remember- free range organic only!). Or give them stern glances when they park and ask ‘are you going to be here long’?
On Thu 17 May at 10:21am Eggy wrote:
Egging the cars maybe the only solution or damaging cars with screws and nails. Few flat tyres will put them off
On Thu 17 May at 1:32pm A Person wrote:
A resident's parking scheme would sort this out double quick.
On Thu 17 May at 2:14pm 2868 wrote:
Just witnessed an ambulance struggling to meander around the cars that are moronically parked in Queens Road, on the opposite side to the rest of the entire road. Luckily it didn't have it's blue lights on. Would hate to imagine someone waiting for that ambulance to get through. What's next? Someone's house burns down because a fire engine can't get through?
On Thu 17 May at 4:18pm Fed up wrote:
How they can not see they are causing a problem is beyond me. Not good community relations.
On Thu 17 May at 5:14pm Worker wrote:
I'm amazed how many people in Malling are either unemployed or work from home to make this an issue. When I leave for work in the morning the cops are just turning up and by the time I get home at sixish they've all gone. I'm blown if I'm paying for a permit to park outside my house at times of day when there's loads of spaces just for the odd day when my car stays outside for the day.
On Thu 17 May at 5:56pm Agreed wrote:
I think your right eggy seems to be the only way is to do something about it yourself. For me it's the amount of cars in one road thats causing the problems. Not safe for kids to play near that area that's for sure.
On Thu 17 May at 8:00pm Dave2 wrote:
OP - if you worked 9 to 5 it wouldn't affect you.
On Thu 17 May at 8:05pm Steve wrote:
Agreed - pity you didn't focus more at school - you'd be slightly less illiterate.
On Fri 18 May at 7:58am daydreamer wrote:
@2868 one of those cars that your complaining about belongs to house that ambulance attended too.
On Fri 18 May at 11:32am me wrote:
Quite a large percentage of the population work hours outside 9 -5 and people working night shifts has gone up by ¼ million in the last few years alone. It's obviously not the worst thing that can happen but coming home from a night shift in Brighton and finding all the spaces in the roads by your house already filled can be a bit of pain.
On Fri 18 May at 12:30pm 2868 wrote:
@daydreamer. And that makes it OK?

On Fri 18 May at 4:10pm daydreamer wrote:
@2868 maybe if people that had drives parked on them it wouldn’t be such a problem.
On Fri 18 May at 6:08pm 2868 wrote:
@daydreamer Totally agree!!

17 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes busker 58:137
Lewes busker

C’mmon, someone must now know if Bill has actually bought the Kings Head or not. Or, if Enterprise Inns have finally found a new... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV