Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

teresa's green and blue

On Thu 11 Jan at 10:40pm hector wrote:
Teresa May spoke today on conservation: (getting on the band wagon?) - you have to turn blue not green.
The brutal reality: - patients turn blue in hospital corridors because of May's neo liberal policies exemplified maybe by her husband's seemingly questionable tax exemption business interests. I think his affiliation to a specific business may have been mentioned in the Paradise Papers.
This government seems to have done nothing to curtail tax avoidance; money saved could have changed overnight the gross 'deathly' inequalities in this grossly unequal society. I think the National Health Service would change overnight if there were no private health insurance. As it is we all pay to provide an excellent emergency service both to the rich and the poor. Other than that the poor are out there with their begging bowls - and pot luck.

On Thu 11 Jan at 11:01pm JEM wrote:
Just heard the BBC say the NHS has a'problem'; it's not a 'problem' - it's a mini, perhaps a very mini, but still basically a kind of genocide. Sick people are suffering and dying in appalling circumstances because the government has failed to intervene and use those very people's N.I. contributions in the way they were intended.
On Fri 12 Jan at 9:00am Worried wrote:
It was on the news last week that a lady called 999 from home reporting severe chest pain. The ambulance arrived FOUR HOURS later, had to force entry to her property due to no answer when they knocked on the door, then walked in and found her dead. Four hours later because there weren't enough crew on duty to cover all the call outs.
My young child was attacked, bitten and injured by a dog in the park recently, my son was bleeding a lot and turning pale. I called 999 for an ambulance. I waited. I called 999 again. I waited. I called a 3rd time and was told to wait until crew were available. I drove son to hospital myself in the end, which I hadn't wanted to do because I couldnt drive and look after him to stem the bleed and comfort his distress at the same time. I kept in touch with a witness who remained at the scene. They told me the ambulance never did arrive.
Incidents like this are dotted around all over the country but the general public aren't hearing about them. What I have described above is not a 1st world health service.
I 100% agree that it is a scandal that corporate tax avoidance being tackled would contribute significantly to our health & education services.
On Fri 12 Jan at 9:14am The Greek wrote:
Tory voters have blood on their hands and people are finally waking up to that reality. This is a manufactured crisis to run it down ahead of selling it off for privatisation. Much like what happened to British Rail.
On Fri 12 Jan at 10:01am Mark wrote:
I'll agree, Greek but with reservations. They not what they do. They read the Daily Mail.
On Fri 12 Jan at 11:01am resigned wrote:
It's what the elite have always done, prey on the weak: a cruel cynical exercise to grab the spoils of the NHS. This present chaos plays right into the present government's plans. The intolerable situation could be turned around quite easily despite government protestations - and Teresa May's apology for 'inconvenience'! They have been priming the NHS for years in order to effect a takeover by those companies and individuals who through their wealth can afford with pricy tricksy complicated schemes to pay little or no tax in the UK.
They've also cleverly managed to demonise the poor which helps their cunning plans enormously. We are one of the richest countries in the world suffering under the yoke of a politically motivated imposed 'austerity'.
On Fri 12 Jan at 11:43am Hamid Barr wrote:
The most ludicrous and cringingly over the top comments ever on this forum.
Takes some doing
On Fri 12 Jan at 11:47am wrote:
And yet, you managed to do it.
On Fri 12 Jan at 1:10pm Daily Heil wrote:
With a daily circulation of 1.5 million, actually only 2.2% of the British population read the Mail (coincidentally UKIP polled 1.9% of the votes in 2017, almost certainly the two are related). The problem isn't Daily Mail readers, it's people who believe all the nonsense about a Labour government returning us back to the "Bad old days of the 70's", even though most of them were kids or not born at the time. Ignorance and fear is what motivates Tory voters, we should feel sorry for them, not vilify them.
On Fri 12 Jan at 1:25pm Mark wrote:
Describing something as "ludicrous and cringingly over the top" doesn't really suffice Hamid. A good post would normally have some sort of meaningful content - a response.
On Fri 12 Jan at 3:45pm Pedro wrote:
Meh @ hamid barr. You're just a contrarian, a performance artist, out to get a reaction and attention for cheap kicks. In more trite, but concise terms, you are a troll. You may as well be a russian web bot, at least it has some purpose.
On Fri 12 Jan at 4:12pm Pot kettle wrote:
^
On Fri 12 Jan at 4:24pm Pedro wrote:
@ pot kettle. I don't hold abhorrent views, or at least pretend to hold them as he probably does. I'm not shy about arguments, but thats the only parallel you could draw with hamid and myself. Otherwise, we are polar opposites, mercifully.

On Sat 13 Jan at 2:00pm RESIGNED wrote:
Perhaps a more useful contribution to this discussion is that Theresa May's husband ( according to papers seen by Private Eye) works for a company named in the Paradise Papers. His investment management group, Capital Group, used an offshore law firm called Appleby to arrange investments for clients in tax havens. Capital Group appears to have funds registered in the cayman Islands. Ref. the Independent17 Nov 2017.
It is certainly true that Theresa May has done nothing to develop the small beginnings made by David Cameron's government to try to limit the flow of untaxed income into tax havens. In fact a recent news article stated that there are far to few available govt. officers even to properly investigate the Panama Papers.
Recouping this vast sum of lost tax would revolutionise the NHS and and the truly appalling state of Social Care

On Mon 15 Jan at 12:13am WhichCon wrote:
Ban energy drinks and it will all be ok

22 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:137
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

I found the first year of my children's lives so stressful, exhausting and tedious, I'm glad I can't remember much. It was a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV