Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pedr0

On Wed 13 Sep at 7:37pm Sparkle wrote:
Pedr0, you raised a query as to why DFL is used as a derogatory acronym; it's not because people shouldn't be mobile and move around, it's because true (born & bred) Lewesians know that people moving to Lewes from London has reeeeeally pushed up property priced round here and pushed out Lewesians who now can't afford to buy a home in their home town. So people from Lewes view DFLs negatively because of this.
On Wed 13 Sep at 8:02pm So wrote:
Who are the people who are selling their houses to 'incomers' rather than to their kith, kin and townsfolk?
On Wed 13 Sep at 8:35pm Local wrote:
Oo, I thought DFL, stood for Down From Lewes. I thought it was street talk, like getting down with my mates, the locals, you know what I mean like!
On Wed 13 Sep at 9:02pm Because wrote:
Because it's no longer acceptable to discriminate against people because they're black, Jews or Irish. It's fine to generalise and discriminate against people from London though.
On Wed 13 Sep at 9:32pm Gin wrote:
Yeah, it is fine, because we all bloody HATE Londoners down here in Lewes!
Know it!!!
On Wed 13 Sep at 9:37pm Hot Sex wrote:
They are the sandal wearing brigade that send their weird offspring to southover....despise them
On Thu 14 Sep at 12:43am The Greek wrote:
People who move to Lewes and complain about bonfire.
On Thu 14 Sep at 3:15pm shabba wrote:
I thought that it was us orignal locals who were sandal wearing mung bean eaters? I'm very confused about who I'm meant to dislike :/

Let's all move to Uckfield and Ringmer, pushing the house prices up there so the locals can't afford to live there anymore and have to move to Heathfield.
On Thu 14 Sep at 4:42pm Dwayne wrote:
I thought people were joking when they spoke of inbreeding in Lewes until I discovered some of the scary family ties on Nevill.
On Thu 14 Sep at 5:45pm @dwayne wrote:
Care to elaborate?
On Thu 14 Sep at 6:47pm Maybe it's because I'm a wrote:
Londoner.....that I love Lewes so.
On Thu 14 Sep at 8:53pm Dfl wrote:
@ born inbred idiots - same thing happening in London, blame the system. Classic divide and rule tactics and you numpties completely fall for it. Got that? No, thought not.

25 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 93:137
Lewes Twitten

T shirts now available just google 'I love Pedro t-shirt'. I've got mine

more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane