Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Firle Vintage Fair

On Sun 13 Aug at 7:35am Inspector Blake wrote:
If you have booked the vintage bus to get there and bring you back to Lewes beware!
Last year we had booked return tickets. The journey out was very good but when we went for the return we were refused entry on to the bus. This was the last bus back to Lewes and my wife was waiting to cross the road. I stood on the platform and told the conductor that she was just coming, she said you are too late and ran the bell so I had to jump off whilst the bus was moving. We are both in our sixties and were stranded in Firle without transport, an no way to get home. Spoilt what was up until then a lovely day.
On Sun 13 Aug at 8:15am Horseman7 wrote:
Did the bus leave early or did you arrive late?
On Sun 13 Aug at 9:11am Inspector Blake wrote:
A couple of minutes early but even if it was on time to refuse entry and ring the bell with someone standing on the platform is not good. The female conductor was acting like my name's sake only difference this is real life and not a TV comedy.
On Sun 13 Aug at 9:59am Tom Hughes wrote:
What a moaner! When my wife was worried that she'd left her purse at someone's stall, the stewards couldn't have been more helpful, and very quickly found and returned everything to her. There's hardly a cloud in the sky today so we might well go back and take our daughter's family with us.
On Sun 13 Aug at 12:48pm Grunge wrote:
Tom Hughes: What a mean reply. If you had missed the last bus in the manner described, I am sure you would have found cause for complaint. Read the post properly; the complaint is not about the stewards but the bus driver.
On Mon 14 Aug at 10:54am I'm Alright Jack... wrote:
...or Tom, as the case may be.
On Mon 14 Aug at 3:49pm Get it Right wrote:
It was the conductor not the driver @ fault. " I hate you, Butler"

On Mon 14 Aug at 6:48pm Inspector Blake wrote:
You are correct. Indeed it was Butler.
On Tue 15 Aug at 12:50pm Still wrong wrote:
Stan Butler (Reg Varney) was the driver. However, inspector I totally agree with you - People "playing" with vintage transport should consider modern Health and Safety. Also they should learn how "public servants" e.g bus conductors, behaved towards their passengers, back in the day ( as they say )

28 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:138
Ann of Cleves

@observer. That something in the the air was ecstasy. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV