Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Free Meditation Class on 26th July 7pm @ ASK

On Sun 16 Jul at 5:29pm Dan wrote:
Hello there! - We'd like to welcome you to Free weekly meetings hosted by Dan & Radika which take place @
ASK Italian restaurant
186 High St
Lewes
4 week class on Wednesday at 7:00pm - 8:30 pm.
With Sahaja Yoga Meditation we normally sit on chairs to achieve yoga, effortlessly & spontaneously. So there is no need for mats and no special clothing required.
All across the globe, many are seeking new sources of energy. Meanwhile, the most transformative energy of all is hiding in plain sight, within us. It's natural, sustainable, and infinitely renewable. It's called inner kundalini energy. And everyone already has it — everyone!. It is often likened to an inner feminine or motherly energy which automatically knows about us and what is needed to help us restore balance and harmony within our subtle being. It works spontaneously, effortlessly, organically and cannot be paid for.
Sahaja Yoga Meditation is a simple time-honoured technique that lets you tap into that energy and harness its power to become better balanced and better connected to yourself — emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
If you're having trouble juggling the challenges in your life, Sahaja Yoga Meditation might well help you manage stress, master your emotions and find solutions to your problems. You may enjoy better health, better focus, and a deeper understanding of the universe and your place in it.
Meditation is not just for mystics and monks. Sahaja Yoga meditation is for everyone. Anyone can do it. It's that easy. But with the Sahaja Yoga experience, you'll quickly realise, it isn't your typical Meditations 'R Us type class. It's much more than just feeling peaceful and relaxed. Sahaja Yoga Meditation has many layers, varied and deep. Explore at your own pace, in your own way. Our volunteer experts are always available to help.
Ready to plug into your inner energy? A Sahaja Yoga Meditation class is a great way to start. A few minutes of your life may be all it takes to connect to your inner energy and light the path to lifelong transformation. Sahaja Yoga is more than a temporary solution or quick relief — it is a journey, rather than a destination. It's all about energy — guaranteed pure and carbon neutral. You can never have too much of it.
The best part? All classes are free. No strings, no catch.
Everyone is welcome. Bring a friend, bring your self — all are welcome.

Check it out here »
On Sun 16 Jul at 7:23pm Robert wrote:
There was a very interesting thread on this here, a few years ago.

Check it out here »
On Sun 16 Jul at 8:08pm Healthy Cynic wrote:
I love meditation but there is always a big, money-making, religious organisation behind these kinds of free courses. NHS mindfulness courses are a great place to start if anyone feels they'd benefit. And they're properly free at source to anyone through their gp.
On Sun 16 Jul at 9:32pm Bert wrote:
So are WE still sponsoring this kind of thing ? If so why ?
On Sun 16 Jul at 9:34pm dan wrote:
I can guarantee that all our courses are completely free and no one takes any money. The classes are run by volunteers with many years of experience.
On Sun 16 Jul at 10:55pm dan wrote:
All costs of running the class is given by the volunteers as they are giving something back to the community. No money is taken at ANY of our classes
On Sun 16 Jul at 11:27pm Wigadeeboo wrote:
Maybe the hardhearted cynics on here are the very ones that would actually benefit from attending these sessions!
On Mon 17 Jul at 12:43am Healthy Cynic wrote:
I'm not a hardhearted cynic. Yes, the courses are free but even briefest of internet searches will show that I'm right to be cynical about this organisation.
On Mon 17 Jul at 1:21am CULT ALERT wrote:
CULT ALERT 'But harmless as she looks, and sounds, Shri Mataji has her detractors. Ian Haworth, founder of the Cult Information Centre, has spent the past 20 years dealing with families who believe their children or siblings may have been "lost" to Shri Mataji. Former members who claim to have been "lost" themselves and subsequently "recovered" are becoming increasingly vociferous in their attacks on the organisation. Their message is that Sahaja Yoga is a cult which aims to control the minds of its members.'

Check it out here »
On Mon 17 Jul at 6:44am Latihan Len wrote:
Join Subud instead

On Mon 17 Jul at 9:15am Atheist wrote:
All the bl00dy same these organizations. Parasites targeting the weak and lonely.
On Mon 17 Jul at 10:04am Robert wrote:
The name of the cult's founder Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, which would lead readers immediately to numerous exposés of her practices, is omitted from the posters. This, together with other denials posted here, is a clear sign of deception. I will be bringing all this to the attention of the staff of Ask.
In the absence of a response with evidence to the contrary, we will report the posters as illegally affixed to Lewes's lampposts. A copy of this information has been sent to enforcement@lewes.gov.uk
The public is advised to seek the NHS advice on mindfulness instead, or try gentle yoga classes where the organiser does not claim any spiritual or god-like powers. Your taxes have already paid for this, and neither cult nor 'guru' is involved. See the link below.

Check it out here »
On Mon 17 Jul at 10:47am Astheist wrote:
Well said !!
On Mon 17 Jul at 12:23pm Angostic wrote:
Well I'm not sure but .........and I'm dslyxic too. Who put the Ass in atheist ?
On Mon 17 Jul at 12:36pm Atheist wrote:
Knob
On Mon 17 Jul at 1:30pm Plebian wrote:
Be interested to see if ASK want this to be associated with their brand?
On Mon 17 Jul at 3:17pm @ Atheist wrote:
Toll your bell end
On Mon 17 Jul at 8:26pm And thats a fact wrote:
Yoga & meditation whilst awaiting a 4 cheese pizza and a glass of pelligrino, I do it all the time, usually for about 15 minutes before its served, Pizza is very good for inner well being, the waiting is only good for conversation, And thats a fact.
On Mon 17 Jul at 8:55pm Pedro wrote:
I wish your presence on this forum was not a fact.

On Tue 18 Jul at 12:10am Ex Cultist wrote:
A message to the unwary
The objective of Sahaja Yoga is that you recognise Mrs Srivastava is
the supreme goddess, as she tells hers devotees to call her Shri
Mataji Nirmala Devi (revered mother pure goddess). All the Sahaja
Yoga practices, including daily meditation in front of her photograph,
are supposed to change you internally in some way so that you
become worthy of this recognition of Mrs S.
To explain why her "true" divine nature is not apparent to you before
you have been exposed to her and Sahaja Yoga culture for some
time, Mrs S states that she is Mahamaya (a great illusion) and can
withhold or reveal her real identity to anyone as she sees fit. Due to
this fact, Sahaja Yoga should truly be regarded as a path of
revelation, very much like the many other revealed religions of the
world.
Whatever Sahaja Yogis may say to you (or not say) when you first
learn about Sahaja Yoga, your personal recognition of Mrs S as a
goddess is the hidden point of the exercise. While they claim the
"vibrations" (cool sensations supposedly felt from doing Sahaja Yoga
and caused by Mrs S) are objective proof her divinity, that fact is
these sensations (like revelations) are completely subjective, if felt
at all, and any decision that they substantiate her divine nature is an
act of faith, the likes of which underlies all revealed religion.
This is not an attempt to criticise revealed religion generally, but
to expose Sahaja Yoga which tries to hide what it really is: a
revealed religion and a cult of mind control.

On Tue 18 Jul at 10:20am Atheist wrote:
...so basically a bunch of nutters. Steer clear. Visit GP if you need help with fitness/relaxation.
On Tue 18 Jul at 6:14pm belladonna wrote:
I'm not one for cults or relgious nonsense but a friend who was into Sri Mataji once raised my 'kundalini', sitting in front of her photo. My whole spine went cold and the feeling literally rose up to the top of my head and sort of wooshed out. I didn't feel any spiritual 'awakening' but is was very nice and relaxing in an odd sort of way.

On Tue 18 Jul at 9:28pm kundalini ? wrote:
Sounds Deolali to me

14 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge
Willeys Bridge

No offence Lopster, but just because you own a drum, doesn't mean you can play it. There are no actual drummers in the band as... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The way it still feels like home every time I return
Expat