Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Casual racism

On Fri 14 Jul at 9:20am Jimmy wrote:
I called somebody out this week for saying the following : "I see Emily Heskey is in the women's final at Wimbledon for the 70th time".
I think it's racist. What do you think people?
On Fri 14 Jul at 10:25am TimothyWest wrote:
Pardon? Are you trying to be funny?
On Fri 14 Jul at 11:46am Lewes rules wrote:
Being overt about race is very prole. Older people are usually cut a bit of slack as they grew up in a different world but if you are under 85 you should know the score by now.
Middle class people don't have anything to gain and plenty to lose by expressing any preference for one race over another. The only exception is white men, they are safe to hate as long as they aren't gay or trans.
Is it racist to point out that people with African ancestry seem to excel at many sports? Not sure but it's safer not to mention it.
On Fri 14 Jul at 11:50am eh wrote:
How have you concluded that this is racist?
I have no idea who she is, but its pretty common for people to exaggerated someone's achievement's (or something is repeated a load of times). I'm sure my mum used to say "do I need to tell you to put your shoes away for the hundredth time".....
On Fri 14 Jul at 12:00pm Bert wrote:
@lewes rules Must be something about building the villages so far from the water wells ?
On Fri 14 Jul at 3:35pm Non Black Floyd wrote:
See Emily play.
On Fri 14 Jul at 6:08pm Benico wrote:
My slaves didn't mind
On Fri 14 Jul at 6:47pm Benecol wrote:
Available in liquorice flavour.
On Sat 15 Jul at 1:00pm Ken Boon wrote:
I was in the shop the other day and nearly bought some macaroons. I thought better of it though
On Sat 15 Jul at 3:12pm Ryming Slang? wrote:
Macaroon = ?
On Mon 17 Jul at 12:47pm Rhyming Slang? wrote:
Macaroon = Tune
I'll bang out a Macaroon on the ol' Joanna right after I've popped out for a quick Mark Ramprakash.

On Mon 17 Jul at 5:07pm Gypsy's Kiss wrote:
is that racist ?

25 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Bottleneck 117:136
The Bottleneck

Brighton used to have a couple of bonfire societies, who used to process to Lewes!! Go to Lewes Library and check out the local... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV