Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Fox-hunting

12
11
On 17 May 2017 at 2:17pm concerned wrote:
So if Mrs May gets her way fox hunting could be coming back to Lewes If a fox hunting bill gets through, I'm hoping people in Lewes will still think it unnecessary and will organise against having it back on Boxing Day. Thoughts?
9
15
On 17 May 2017 at 3:11pm joe wrote:
Bring it back, but either way we wont stop doing it. Something tells me liberal tears are going stop it going through like all other common sense proposals
6
19
On 17 May 2017 at 3:17pm Englishman wrote:
All Mrs. May has proposed is a free vote on the subject by MPs. in the next Parliament. She is not campaining to allow it again. Let's move on to more important issues.
9
15
On 17 May 2017 at 4:05pm Gory Tory wrote:
I love the smell of fox blood and it`s screams when I am playing with my chums.I LOVE BLOOD.
15
22
On 17 May 2017 at 4:47pm Bring it back ! wrote:
I really don't care how many thumbs down this get ! But so far this year these foxes have killed my chickens , two rabbits and my tortoises ... Not for hunger but for the hell of it ! It's natural I no but the foxes are over run and a few need to go ...
16
9
On 17 May 2017 at 5:09pm Frak wrote:
And some toffs on horseback are going to save your chickens?
3
12
On 17 May 2017 at 7:07pm Mike Hunt wrote:
@frak

And that last statement alone shows how little you know about fox-hunting.
7
5
On 17 May 2017 at 7:45pm Frak wrote:
As far as I know they don't do a call - out service for small holders with chickens at risk.
Care to educate me......?
5
7
On 17 May 2017 at 8:20pm Alan the cat wrote:
Come on bring it back. Just how are these violent toff thugs going to help you out. Spend some cash on proper enclosures you tight fact and stop being an idiot. Mike hunt......please explain
3
7
On 17 May 2017 at 9:58pm Basil Brush wrote:
Says it all

5
4
On 17 May 2017 at 10:08pm Simon Templar wrote:
And

7
4
On 17 May 2017 at 10:16pm Number 6 wrote:
I agree with Sir Roger and Mr. Gervais.
6
10
On 18 May 2017 at 7:18am Mike Hunt wrote:
*shakes head*

Wheeling out dried up celebrities long after their best in order to justify a point? Clutching at straws. There's a reason why TV celebrities make awful politicians.

I really don't think Ricky Gervais has a clue as to why this is important to the countryside. He just sees a cute little animal - rather than vermin.
3
4
On 18 May 2017 at 8:52am Clifford wrote:
I think fox hunting is repellent. I also think that unnecessarily banning activities is repellent and a bigger danger to society than fox hunting.
2
1
On 18 May 2017 at 9:22am Frak wrote:
Still no explanation though MH.
1
3
On 18 May 2017 at 12:48pm Mike Hunt wrote:
@frak

Okay frak Let me spell it out to you. Your concern appears to be less the welfare of the fox and more the type of people that enjoy fox hunting (ie., toffs as you put it) which you find objectionable.

Of course, it's not toffs that enjoy fox hunting, but is enjoyed by many people including those that do not own horses. Your assumption is frankly baseless and your argument a non starter.
3
4
On 18 May 2017 at 6:11pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
Mike hunt I have never read such a crap pointless empty post until yours. Please make some sort of argument. People like you are troubling in.many ways.
3
3
On 18 May 2017 at 6:29pm @wevehadourfun wrote:
Don't be a d!ck all your life.
3
3
On 18 May 2017 at 6:48pm Foxy wrote:
@ @wevehadourfun. Takes one to know one.
@ Mike Hunt. So do you get wood at the thought of a fox being murdered?
3
 
On 18 May 2017 at 7:35pm Get wood wrote:
I gets a bit of kindling
4
5
On 18 May 2017 at 8:50pm Mike hunt wrote:
@foxy

What kind of sick pervert are you? I'm talking about fox hunting and you're thinking about bestiality.

As for murder, please do me a favour. Is it murder killing a rat or when a cat drags in a bird whose heart it's ripped out? I appreciate the only exposure you've gotten to a fox is the soft toy section of wickle, but these things are pests. So no, it's not murder.
2
2
On 18 May 2017 at 9:24pm Busty bar maid wrote:
Clearly Mike hunt can't manage much wood. Unsurprising. He sounds like a @#*+@
5
5
On 19 May 2017 at 12:22am Foxy wrote:
Brilliant. He calls me a pervert while he supports the butchering of a defenceless animal for fun. You need to leave the turps alone.
4
2
On 19 May 2017 at 8:24am Basil Brush wrote:
Anyone who supports fox hunting is a sick, perverse and twisted individual.
If foxes are killing ones chickens then it just proves that one is not looking after them well enough and shouldn't have them in the first place.
 
6
On 19 May 2017 at 8:51am Stuffed brush wrote:
@basil brush
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But fox hunting doesn't cause you any harm. By legislating against fox hunting, we've become a nanny state that infringes upon people's rights.
5
4
On 19 May 2017 at 10:59am Pedro wrote:
I think blood sports are one of the few things where we need a "nanny-state" to prevent utterly needless and insane cruelty towards defenceless animals. There are so many "hobbies" and things to do in this country that don't involve violence or the death of another living, breathing mammal. Far more rewarding and interesting as well.

If you need an outlet for your violent tendencies, play Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty. Or hit a punching bag. Stop taking it out on those that can't defend themselves.
3
3
On 19 May 2017 at 1:49pm Cynic wrote:
How anyone can defend a load of upper class tw@ts on horseback with a pack of dogs, chasing an animal to its ultimate horrific death is beyond my comprehension.
4
2
On 19 May 2017 at 3:01pm Bob wrote:
@ Mike Hunt -- hunting infringes on the animal's rights, or don't you believe animals have rights? Would you like to see the return of bear-baiting? Or cock fighting? Or dog fights? You probably would.
There are many more humane ways to deal with the fox-as-vermin problem, and hunting isn't an efficient method by a long chalk.
5
4
On 19 May 2017 at 3:42pm Uke Hunt wrote:
Justifying fox hunting by saying they are vermin is ridiculous. If you have rats, do Rentokill turn up in fancy dress and on horseback, corner a rat, then rip it limb from limb whilst it is still alive? No, of course they don't, because as well as being cruel, it would also be f'ing stupid, wouldn't it Mike!
4
3
On 19 May 2017 at 5:14pm Foxy wrote:
Mike is being very quiet. He is probably reading his copy of Foxhunters Monthly with a big box of Kleenex.......
 
7
On 19 May 2017 at 5:44pm Mike hunt wrote:
@bob
No I wouldn't like to see the return of dog fights or bear baiting. They're completely different because one is breeding an animal for its own destruction. Once again it goes back to the fact that foxes have no natural predator and have to be managed. The death as a result of poison, shot or trap still result in a long painful death for a fox. And in terms of rights, no foxes don't have rights. You clearly have no concept of how the countryside is managed.
@foxy
Your obsession with sexual arousal and fox hunting is quite disturbing. This is clearly
more of a reflection on your own warped
mind than anyone else's, you need help. It also demonstrates you have no argument and have to resort to some form of juvenile insult.
1
2
On 19 May 2017 at 6:58pm Frak wrote:
MH, did I say anything about not being concerned about the animals welfare? No. I just pointed out that riding around in red coats blowing a bugle with a load of dogs is probably not the best way to deal with problem foxes - and it certainly isn't the most humane.
What is it exactly that you like about fox hunting?
2
1
On 19 May 2017 at 8:18pm Your Fanny wrote:
"M.H" expects us to believe it's his real name while berating others for being juvenile. Only on the Lewes Forum.
3
1
On 19 May 2017 at 8:34pm Mike hunt wrote:
@frak
Your focus was on 'toffs' as you put it. You gave no mention to welfare of the fox, the implication being that the welfare of the fox is secondary and that you're distaste is really around some non existent concept of class in fox hunting. If your concern is for the fox, you'd be able to provide evidence on here as to how you've tried to stop other methods of killing foxes that are far more painful and prolonged. Traps for example where the fox will often limp off and die days later from gangrene. But I suspect you can't.

The question isn't so much why am I in favour of fox hunting, rather that why is it that someone who appears to be in favour of democracy is happy to dictate to others what they can or can't do when there's no harm to you. If you don't like fox hunting, just ignore it.

Anyway, it's largely an irrelevant discussion as it's an almost certainty that the Tories will win a landslide and have enough votes to repeal the law. As a result, the Boxing Day Hunt will soon be back to its former glory.
3
4
On 19 May 2017 at 9:23pm Busty bar maid wrote:
Pretendinding to be articulate doesn't make you correct. You belong to a dying bread of very stupid ignorant people. Mike hunt you are the most repugnant twerp to grace this forum
1
3
On 20 May 2017 at 2:39am Frak wrote:
Mr Jeremy, there was no implication that the welfare of the fox was secondary, but as I and many others have mentioned that red coated folk on horse back are not the best answer to problem foxes.
And actually, the question was why are you so in favour of it.
 
2
On 20 May 2017 at 2:43am Frak wrote:
And from your last point, I take it you are in favour of legalising all drugs, bare knuckle fighting, badger baiting, hunting otters.....the list could go on.
2
4
On 20 May 2017 at 11:34am European wrote:
Far more people oppose fox hunting than voted for Brexit. For that reason alone, hunting with dogs should be banned.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Beer garden 9:137
Beer garden

I found the first year of my children's lives so stressful, exhausting and tedious, I'm glad I can't remember much. It was a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan

Job search


Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV